This is a beginner tutorial in which a GSM modem is being interfaced with the microcontroller AT89s51 for SMS communication. The SMS can be send and recieved for the data sharing and situation information and control. there are many application of the project based on microcontroller 8051 and GSM interfacing. We can use it as a remote control of industrial machines or we can sue it for home automation or we can use it for the security of home or offices.gsm control 8051
1. First select the text mode for SMS by sending the following AT Command to GSM Modem : AT+CMGF = 1
2. Send the following AT Command for sending SMS message in text mode along with mobile number to the GSM Modem : AT+CMGS =+923005281046
3. Send the text message string ("hello!") to the GSM Modem This is a test message from UART"
4. Send ASCII code for CTRL+Z i.e., 0x1A to GSM Modem to transmit the message to mobile phone.After message string has been sent to the modem, send CTRL+Z to the micro-controller,which is equivalent to 0x1A (ASCII value) Every AT command is followed by i.e. carriage return and line feed
you are giving line feed first and carriage return after that.
"\r" stands for carriage return
Interfacing 8051 with gsm modem equipped with RS232 serial interface is the same as interfacing AVR with GSM modem is.
The SMS message in text mode can contain only 140 characters at the most.It depends upon the amount of information collected from GPS Engine that you need at the base station for tracking vehicle or person
Tags:-Introduction to SMS Messaging ,What Makes SMS Messaging So Successful Worldwide? , Example Applications of SMS Messaging , What is an SMS Center / SMSC? , Basic Concepts of SMS Technology , Intra-operator SMS Messages , Inter-operator SMS Messages , International SMS Messages , What is an SMS Gateway? , How to Send SMS Messages from a Computer / PC? , How to Receive SMS Messages Using a Computer / PC? , Introduction to GSM / GPRS Wireless Modems , How to Use Microsoft Hyper Terminal to Send AT Commands to a Mobile Phone or GSM/GPRS Modem? , Introduction to AT Commands , General Syntax of Extended AT Commands , Result Codes of AT Commands , AT Command Operations: Test, Set, Read and Execution , Testing the Communication between the PC and GSM/GPRS Modem or Mobile Phone ,Checking if the GSM/GPRS Modem or Mobile Phone Supports the Use of AT Commands to Send, Receive and Read SMS Messages , Operating Mode: SMS Text Mode and SMS PDU Mode , Setting or Reading the Service Center Address / SMSC Address (AT+CSCA) , Preferred Message Storage (AT+CPMS)
23. Writing SMS Messages to Memory / Message Storage (AT+CMGW) , Deleting SMS Messages from Message Storage (AT+CMGD) , Sending SMS Messages from a Computer / PC Using AT Commands (AT+CMGS, AT+CMSS) , Reading SMS Messages from a Message Storage Area Using AT Commands (AT+CMGR, AT+CMGL) SMS alarm je vrlo jednostavan uređaj. Za slanje SMS poruka koristi Siemens telefon a ima 5 ulaza - znači šalje 5 različitih poruka. Za svaki senzor uprogramiramo odgovarajuću poruku koju želimo da primimo na mobilni kada se alarm aktivira. Programiranje se vrši preko PC-a odgovarajućim programom koji je priložen u arhivi.
|GSM modem interfacing with microcontroller 8051 for SMS control of industrial equipments|
cell phone interface microcontroller,sms based energy meter monitoring system circuit diagram,circuit diagram microcontroll section of bar code reader,flow diagram of operation of microcontroller of pc based logic analyzer,code for gsm modem interfacing with p89v51rd2 microcontroller,